Gear continues to evolve in Iron Throne. With each evolution of gear, it is our goal to keep you in the know. When the game was first released we saw our first-generation gear which was able to be enhanced to level 15. Eventually, Dark Lord came along and replaced all previous sets as the gear to have. However, it was quite difficult to obtain.
Then we saw our second-generation gear released. This included sets such as Majestic and Slaughter. Over time we have seen sets become easier to obtain which has helped us to be able to make solid increases in our builds.
Currently, we have three new Level 60 Sets of gear that pack a punch. We are covering each of these sets of gear in their own guides to be sure you have all the information you need to be successful.
With the changes made to our gear, we are constantly seeing an evolving cycle of what gear to wear and when. Last month we covered how to obtain and craft gear on a budget in our article, Building up your Gear on a budget.
Before we dive in though make sure that you take the time to go back and get the basics on gear in these articles and videos:
The Forge– All the basics you need to know about crafting and more
Gear for Beginner– A beginners video guide to gear from Princess Kat
Majestic Gear– A video guide to Majestic Gear From Princess Kat
Comparing the New with the Old: Iron Throne Gear update– A closer look at First and Second Generation Gear side by side
Gear up to Build up– A closer look at Gear for Economy functions
Gear up! Advanced Gear Tips– A look at first-generation combat gear and combat functions
Willfully Crafting the Willful Gear Set
Recently we have seen the release of the Willful Gear set and from a look at the stats, it is a gear set that is worth striving after. However, here is the catch, currently, this is one of the most difficult sets to obtain in-game.
Our hope is that as time passes we will be given more ways to acquire this set and allow us to test it and its stats out. However, we are going to preemptively take a closer look at this gear set and the stats it provides, and what that could mean for us as players.
Willful Gear Set
What is the Willful Gear Set?
Willful Gear is an enhancement set that is specialized in order to enhance Archer Troops. This means that this gear is focused on making your Archer troops stronger. We could compare this gear to Outcry Gear. However, it is much more than that.
How to Obtain this Gear Set
Currently, the set codex does not list how to obtain this gear set. We have thus far seen it available in packs and if it is obtainable in similar ways as its counterpart we will see it available as “content rewards.”
In other words, it will be obtainable through events, however, only as of the highest reward. This means it will take a while until we really start seeing this gear in-game and it will go to the top players first. It will not be a gear that is easy to get. However, this gear has made its way into the gold store and while it is not cheap it is up to you whether or not the stats are worth the price.
What is Unique about Willful Gear Stats?
Why should you Willfully craft Willful Gear? That is an important question. This gear breaks the rules and brings a lot to the table. We will go into the stats on this gear but first, we want to give you some quick bullet points to look for when you are looking at the stats:
- This is our second level 60 gear.
- When we take a closer look at Willful gear one of the first things we will notice is the stats are basically a combination of Crimson Outcry and Outcry Gear. However, the numbers are much higher.
- Traditionally we are used to pieces of gear giving one Hero stat such as Hero Attack or Hero Defense or Hero HP. However, with this set, that rule is broken and the same piece of gear may give Hero Attack and Hero HP or Hero Defense and Hero HP.
- The accessories on this gear give Hero Face-Off Attack Increase, which with the increase of importance in Face-Off is going to be essential. In addition, you will also see that the accessories are not troop type-specific and carry a ton of Hero attack and Hero HP which is also going to help you with Face-off.
We are going to take a closer look at this gear in comparison to our previous archer gear set, Outcry, and Crimson Outcry. We will break down the stats gear piece by gear piece so you are able to really see what sets this gear apart.
The Set Bonuses
Whenever we look at new gear sets we cannot look at them without looking to see what the set bonuses attached bring to the table. Remember that as you enhance your gear higher and higher the more benefits you will receive from it. Let’s kick this section off by taking a look at the base set bonus.
This base set bonus has some decent stats. However, let’s go ahead and take a look at the Immortal set bonus.
As we continue seeing this set increase in enhancement we will add on more benefits such as:
- +5 Bonus gives a Deployable Troop Size increase
- +10 Bonus gives Increase Troop Attack on Face-Off Victory
- +10 Bonus gives Enemy Tier 6+ Preemptive Strike Debuff
- +10 Bonus gives Enemy Rally Troop Attack Buff Decreased
What does all of this mean?
Ultimately we just threw a lot of numbers and information at all of you. So what does it mean? We have a few points to look at here:
- As Face-off becomes more and more important these are sets that we will want to move towards obtaining and enhancing.
- Willful may be a part of pushing everyone back towards a type defense as defenders are able to obtain these gear sets.
- Even when crafting at lower quality at times the stats on this gear will outperform current gear sets. So make sure you keep an eye on the numbers and test things out as you are able to do so.
What about Cavalry Stats?
We have taken the time to talk about our Aspirant Gear Set and Willful Gear Set but what about our Cavalry Stats? We have not forgotten! There is a Ferocious set of gear headed our way in the way of the Ferocious Gear Set. Keep your eyes open as we will be covering this set of gear soon as well!
Do not miss out on reading some of our older articles and newer articles. We have tons of content to help you along your way as you set up the perfect defense or attack.
Aspirant Gear Set
The Aspirant Gear Set is the infantry counterpart to the Willful Gear Set. Make sure you check out this gear as well as you are crafting away in your Castle’s Forge.
An In-Depth Look at Radiant Gear
Take a minute to step back and check out the gear that is tearing up the battlefield as offensive players enhance it higher and higher.
Stay Tuned for more great information from our Elite Team as Iron Throne continues to evolve.
Click here to sign up for email alerts when the new guides are posted
In addition, be sure to join our community on the Line App and Facebook for more on the go tips!
Line: Just add thatcinder and request an invite to the Elite Room