Your Iron Throne Heroes perform all necessary functions within your Citadel. Each Hero boosts different stats. The Heroes you have are very important as they provide valuable boosts. The multi-hero system is very unique and might confuse some players new to the game. In this guide, we will cover heroes and their different functions.
Where do I find my Heroes?
You can access your Heroes from two screens. The most obvious method is to select the tab that says “Heroes” at the bottom of your screen.
When first beginning the game, you will be taken through a tutorial in which you recruit and appoint a Hero for construction.
Steps to Recruiting a Hero:
- Go to your Hero Screen.
- Choose an open slot (this is notated by the plus signs at the bottom of the screen).
- Choose a Hero; those currently available will be highlighted.
You can open more Heroes as you progress through the game. The number of Heroes is constantly increasing so be sure that you keep your eyes open for new Heroes.
We are going to look at our Heroes in two sections:
- Earned Heroes- Heroes that you do something in-game to get
- Purchased Heroes- Heroes that can only be obtained from the Gold Store.
Every Hero is gifted with a different Trait. However, you can change the Traits your Hero possesses. You do this by selecting the symbol next to their current trait. However, be cautious, as changing your Heroes’ Traits will cost you valuable Gold.
Gear and Runes
Each of your Heroes can be equipped with Gear and Runes. You want to choose Gear and Runes that play to the strengths each Hero already possesses. For example, you would want to equip your Construction Hero with Construction Gear. For more information about Gear, be sure to check out The Forge.
Equipping Gear and Runes
To equip Gear or Runes, simply select the Gear slot or Rune slot and choose from the available Gear. Note that the level of your Hero factors into what Gear you are able to equip.
Appointing your Hero
There are four slots available to appoint your Hero. These are the roles your heroes will play.
- Guard Captain
A Guard Captain increases the battle capabilities of the Castle.
A Treasurer increases the production capabilities of the Castle
An Architect increases the construction capabilities of the Castle
A Scholar increases the research capabilities of the Castle.
When appointing your Hero, be sure to choose one whose traits match with the appointed role. For example, for an Architect, you will want to appoint a Hero with Construction traits. Appointing a Hero increases the stats allotted in that area. By increasing your appointed Hero’s level, and equipping Gear and Runes, you increase your prowess to dominate in the game.
September 12th Update
The September update has brought not only new heroes, but new appointment slots. These new slots give functions that previously were not available with other appointed heroes. Here are your new Appointments.
- Drill Sergeant – This is where you will appoint your training hero. This new appointment will help with your Training Time and Resource cost, which has been a big need for players.
- Infirmary Officer – This new appointment does not need a hero with a trait that is specific to healing. This helps increase your hospital capacity and reduce your healing cost and time.
- Master Craftsman – This hero also does not have a specific trait to go with it. However, this appointment will help you in your forge. It will decrease the time and cost of crafting and upgrading. In addition, it will help with Trap Production as well.
No Hero Appointed
It is now possible to appoint Deputies! This feature is largely dependent on Research. However, the Deputies help to increase your stats. We have an article coming soon with more in-depth information on Deputies.
One of the questions we find being asked is are all Heroes equal? Or, Which Hero should I use my XP on first? This is a good question as many people have noted that there does appear to be a slight difference in the Heroes.
Not all Heroes are created Equal
The observation that not all Heroes are created equal is an accurate one. If you take the time to look closer at each of your Heroes you will notice some that are newer or only available in the Gold Store have slight differences. We have broken down the Heroes into three charts to help you better grasp what you are able to get stat wise from your Hero.
New Heroes have arrived!
New Heroes have arrived in Iron Throne and we have the answers to the questions everyone is asking. There are a few important things to note with these Heroes.
- Angela is fairly easy to get in the Dark Moon Shop and she has the same stats as Lonnie who is a Hero that needs to be purchased
- The Death Lord is the most difficult Hero to get from True World however, he has stats that make the effort worth it!
- The Death Lord Attack Stats Rank up there with the stats for Infidus and Fae Lord, however, they do not exceed them. So while these new Heroes do have great stats and you should take a closer look there are other Heroes out there that can give you similar benefits and stats!
Make sure you check the charts below for information on older Heroes and the benefits they can provide.
Hero Level 80 Has Arrived
For those who love the numbers! We have stats on your Heroes for level 60 and 80! In addition, we will provide you with +5 Immortal Stats for all of your Heroes.
Base Hero Stats
Immortal +5 Stats
How your Heroes Rank
For those of you who could care less about the numbers and just want to know how your Hero Ranks with +5 Immortal Stats and Level 80 Stats, check out this chart that breaks it all down.
Hero Leveling Cost
Finally, we have Hero Leveling costs available for you!
Your Hero is a valuable asset to your defense and attack. Making sure that you appropriately Appoint, level, and equip your Hero can decide your fate in Iron Throne. We will cover Defense and Attack more in other articles, and how to best set up your Hero for those functions, so check back often.
Join the Conversation on our community sites!
Stay Tuned for more great information from our Elite Team as Iron Throne continues to evolve.