You have seen, you have conquered… or you have been conquered. We are into Season 4 of Battle Royale with 14 days left. In 18 days we will see the Ultimate Match begin! In order to make it into the Ultimate Match, you must be a top 20 player from the season. To get to this point you will want to play often and play well.
Today, we will cover advanced techniques that can help you to win time and time again. Below you can see a detailed Battle Royale video. This video will give you a general idea of how Battle Royale works, however, many new updates have made Battle Royale more strategic and even more fun. We will cover these more in the tips below.
Battle Royale is intense and requires a lot of work and strategy to make it to the top. However, the following key components will contribute to your success.
- Be Quick – You have to be quick. Getting caught with troops out or without having hit the buffs you need can be very detrimental.
- Be Invisible – Don’t do anything that will draw a lot of attention to yourself. Get your buffs and points and then get out of the way to avoid being hit.
- Know what you want – Is your goal to land first place, or to get more defeat rewards? Getting more defeat rewards may make it more difficult to get to the top, as you will draw more attention to yourself.
- Be Observant – Know what is going on and who is around you.
- Watch the Colors- you will note that the number 25 at the front of everyone’s Castle changes colors from white to deep orange. You can tell where a person is in terms of buffs by how dark that number is. If it is darker than yours that is a player you will want to avoid as they can easily burn you while you may only be able to burn them if you catch them with troops out.
Getting the Initial Points
The initial points gathered in Battle Royale are very important. At the very beginning, all players are extremely flammable. The buffs you earn are what make you safer; therefore, you want to stack those buffs up quickly.
When you initially enter Battle Royale, you are shielded. Your only choices for targets are Chaotic Strongholds. One Chaotic will give you 400 points. In order to hit the first buff of Teleports, you need to hit 3 Chaotics. To get the next buff, which is T2 Troops, you need to hit 5 Chaotics, and to get the increased March size and Attack, you need to hit a total of 8 Chaotics.
While this may seem difficult, hitting as many Chaotics as quickly as possible can be essential to your success at the beginning of Battle Royale. What is important to note is that you don’t have to hit Chaotics one at a time. You can hit more than one at a time and still be successful in defeating them. Below you can see an example of hitting two at a time. You can even hit more than two at a time!
Higher-level Chaotic Strongholds are now part of gameplay, and they are not as easily defeated as the previous ones. You will want to get your buffs up and secure additional troops before hitting some of these. However, this does add a new level of strategy to the game and allows for Chaotic Strongholds that can be hit further into battle. Once you have increased your buffs and troops, one way to stay invisible is to continue to increase your points and buffs by hitting these Strongholds that couldn’t be killed off in the beginning stages of gameplay.
These Strongholds give you 400 points no matter what level you are hitting, so it is ineffective to chip away at them at the beginning, as it will just slow you down in accruing points.
As Gameplay Progresses
As gameplay progresses and you are looking for players to hit, make sure to watch and see who is hitting Final Rewards. These will be the strongest players on the map. They have all the troops and all the buffs.
Be cautious with your March Speed Ups and ports. You do not want to run out of these items. It is very essential that towards the end you have ports and March Speed Ups. You especially do not want to be caught in the fire without ports. More importantly, ports and March Speed Ups will play into your end game strategy.
End Game Strategy
As you get to the end if you have hit Final Rewards and are trying to reach Rank 1, stay out of the way and keep your troops home. You will be much more difficult to burn. Make sure you have enough ports to be able to port at the end. The last thing you want is to be stuck dying in the fire because you cannot port out. In addition, if you plan on still hitting people, make sure you conserve Speed Ups. If someone comes after you, then you want to get your troops home quickly to protect yourself.
Now we’ll look at some specific strategies below: why they are effective, how best to use them, and when to bust them out. These strategies were developed in collaboration with top players.
Port and Attack
Here at the Elite, this is one of our favorite techniques. This technique can be used at any time during gameplay; however, it is more fun when used at the point where you can’t be burned with your Troops home. At times, you will have a player who will attempt to hit you from across the square of the map you are currently in. When this happens, Port next to that player and quickly Attack and Burn them while their troops are out. But mind the caveats of this technique:
- Be sure not to use it too much, as you do need to conserve Ports to some degree.
- Be sure to do this quickly, but at the same time, do not run through all of your March Speeds Ups.
Know that you can use this technique even if you are going to burn. You are going to burn anyway, so you might as well take them down with you and make them regret targeting you. Check out an example of this technique being used below.
Hit Them when it Hurts
You can choose to hit people who are already burning, or you can choose to hit people at their weakest. Watch for individuals who are working to take others out. When you see their troops leave their Castle, you march on them. This will force them to either take the hit, recall or use up valuable Speed Ups. This strategy can be used at any time during the process.
Make sure to remember:
- Other players will be watching for you to do the same.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
This next technique is for the beginning of the game. As noted above, players are more fragile when Battle Royale first starts. After you hit Chaotics, find players who are just sitting or hitting Chaotics. Hit those players quickly and from out of view. What you do not want to happen is to have them turn on you; don’t let them turn the hunter into the hunted!
Tips when using this technique:
- Be VERY aware of your surroundings.
- Be cautious to not run through all of your March Speed Ups.
Hide and Watch
Another technique that is very good to use after you hit Final Rewards is to hide and watch. By doing this, you are able to watch the other players quickly take each other down. As you sit back, it is fun to watch everyone slowly lose HP Bars while you conserve what you have left for the very end.
- While it is fun to watch them destroy each other, be vigilant and don’t get surrounded and hit by multiple players.
This technique can be used at any point, but we’ve seen best results when it is utilized during the endgame. When everyone has been reduced down to one square, people begin to get jumpy. Scouting can cause them to react quickly and try to burn you, due to thinking you have troops out that are getting ready to attack them.
Cautions for this technique:
- This will draw more attention to yourself; be prepared for that!
- Be mindful yourself about whether you are actually being attacked or just scouted. Things can move very quickly.
This is an endgame strategy. As you get down to the last two squares without fire on the map, you need to be ready to port quickly. All other players surviving will be looking to port to the last square when the next fire outbreak occurs. At this point you will want to port quickly, as getting caught in the fire will do further damage to your ability to survive.
With this technique, prepare to port by choosing the spot you will port too if the fire outbreak is in your square. At the point that the next fire outbreak occurs, hit either “cancel” if you are safe or teleport if the fire outbreak is in your current square.
This is also an endgame technique for when fire completely overtakes the map. At this point, there is no escaping the fire, and if you are in the lead, other players will come after you. This is when you will be happy you conserved your ports! Port out and hide to prevent being hit by multiple people at once. However:
- Be sure not to port too early! You do not want to end up porting before the fire outbreak.
As mentioned above, when the fire has completely consumed the map in the endgame, players will go after those in lead. If you are not the player in Lead, you can attempt to take down your competition with quick hits. This is when you will be glad that you conserved your March Speed Ups!
- Players will notice you hitting them and try to take you down. This technique does draw attention to yourself.
Bloody Strongholds have joined Battle Royale
Bloody Strongholds have joined Battle Royale and these strongholds serve two purposes. There are a few ways you can hit these strongholds and be strategic about it. You can utilize them in mid-gameplay or end gameplay. However, this one feature can make a huge difference in Battle Royale.
What do Bloody Strongholds do?
The Bloody Strongholds do two things in Battle Royale:
- Just like your Chaotic Strongholds, they provide 400 points towards your Battle Royale score.
- Bloody Strongholds also provide healing to your HP bar.
In the Gif above you can see points going towards the players score and their HP bar being healed. This is a game changer when it comes to Battle Royale.
How Can I use Bloody Strongholds Strategically?
There are a couple of ways that Bloody Strongholds can be used Strategically within gameplay. One thing that is important to note before we discuss when to use these Strongholds is that this is a feature you will need the higher tier troops for. The last thing you want is to be caught by an enemy with your troops out as you chip away at a Bloody Stronghold.
- Use these in mid-gameplay to keep your HP bar full as you are losing bars. This will help you be able to sustain to the end and players with less full bars will look more desirable to other players.
- Use these in end gameplay when the map is completely on fire. At this point there is no escaping the fire, however, you can prolong your life. This is where you will be wanting to know you still have march speedups and teleports. When the map is completely on fire you can find these Strongholds and kill them off to battle off your death for longer. However, if you are stuck in one place it makes you a sitting duck! Knowing how to effectively use Bloody Strongholds in your endgame strategy is essential.
Wrapping it Up
Can you survive the fire the longest? Go try out some of these techniques and find what works best for you! Modify them and make them your own and prove that you can walk through fire!