Research has grown and changed by leaps and bounds and is vital to boosting your Iron Throne Castle Stats. As we progress in the game we see just how essential the stats brought to us by research actually are. This Guide will cover all of the basic information you need to know about Research and the benefits that unlock when you complete the research available to you.
Utilize our Elite Money Saving Tips when Researching
There are multiple ways that you are able to reduce the number of speed ups you need for your research. While research can still be resource-heavy we want to be sure to take the chance to utilize all of our time boosts so we can make our speed-ups stretch as far as possible. We are going to cover Elite Tips for how to save on your Research.
Elite Tip One: Boost Your Academy
The Academy is where you will find all of your research trees. By upgrading your academy, you can expedite your research by up to 40 percent. This benefit starts at level one of the academy at 1% and each time you upgrade your academy that percentage is increased by one, maxing at 40% when your academy has been fully upgraded.
In addition, the ability to enhance your academy has arrived. This adds additional time savers on to what you already had. You are able to enhance your Academy to the level it is currently at.
Elite Tip Two: Equip your Heroes, Skills, and Gear
Your Research Hero, Saulus, unlocks at academy level 20. You are able to change another Hero to your Research Hero, however, Saulus does come pre-equipped with the Research Trait. Make sure you have a Scholar appointed to receive the benefits for your research.
When we look at gear our gear has remained the same with Sagacious still being the best gear for Research. Also, make sure you are enhancing your gear as high as possible (max level 20) this will continue to add on to your Research Speed Boosts.
For other gear options see the table below. In addition, DO NOT FORGET to skill your Lord for Research to save time.
Research Gear Options
wdt_ID Recommendation Gear Name How To Obtain Immortal Set Stats 1
Obtained as a reward for clearing Chapter 3, Snowfield Valley (Normal).
Research Speed +10%
Research Speed Increase -03:12:00
Obtained by purchasing (Light of Wisdom Package) at the Shop
Research Speed +50%
Research Speed Increase -16:00:00
Point Event Achievements
Research Speed +200%
Research Speed Increase -20:00:00
Elite Tip Three: Do Not forget about a Pet
We have pets! I love the fact that we can now equip pets to our Heroes. There are two Pets that currently provide boosts for Research the Kelpie and the Lava Golem. The pet you choose to equip is going to be dependent on your enhancement levels. There will be situations where your Kelpie will provide more boosts than your Lava Golem if the enhancement level is higher.
Elite Tip Four: Runes
We also have Runes available for our Scholar to wear. These Runes can be enhanced to +15 and the higher the level of your Runes the better the boost you will receive for them. One of the great things is that they use a different type of Enhancement Stone than our Combat Runes and we can enhance our Economy Runes without having to choose between Economy and Combat. However, you may need to choose whether it is more valuable to enhance Research Runes or another type.
Elite Tip Five: Do not forget your Appoint Boosts
Boost on up before you start researching. This will take additional time off your Research and the further we can stretch our speedups the better off we will be! My goal is always to run out of Resources before I run out of Speed-ups.
Elite Tip Six: Do not underestimate the value of helps
Helps from your alliance are a valuable way to reduce the number of days you will be needing to complete your Research. It can be tempting when you are doing an event to not wait for the help but know that if you do not wait that you are putting more speeds in than you would have if you had waited.
Elite Tip Seven: Be Cautious with the Quick Research Method
The ability to complete multiple levels of research at once is tempting. However, make sure that you are not going so quickly that you are spending speed ups that you otherwise would not have. The time adds together when you do multiple researches at once so a research that may have previously cost no speed-ups may end up costing you.
Elite Tip Eight: Take advantage of Events
Take advantage of the events that are available. If you are researching you might as well be rewarded for it so make sure that you are completing your research during events. This will help keep pushing you further as you earn rewards.
Prioritizing the Research
There is a lot of research and when looking at it, it can at times feel overwhelming. So when it comes down to it, how do you prioritize your research?
Keep in mind that while we are giving suggestions on how to prioritize, it does not mean you have to max these trees before you move on. The style of play and your level of spend will largely determine how you progress through your own Research and what will be most important to you. The priorities given here are what will get you out and on the battlefield the quickest.
- When you look at research costs, the higher the level of your academy, the less time your research will take. You will want to reduce the cost of your research as much as possible before you start because it is expensive. So, therefore, when starting your research, let’s take a look at your City Research first. While there is currently no research for reducing the Research Cost, we can reduce construction times with City Research, enabling you to increase the level of your academy and decrease the time it takes to complete research.
- The next research we will want to look at is Crafting. Research gear is of the utmost importance, and you will want to be able to enhance it and increase the base set and immortal set bonus that we get from this gear. However, these researches are more expensive, so bear that in mind when deciding where to allocate your resources. Some of the initial levels of this tree are easy to get done, but as the levels increase it does become costly.
- Next up is Dimensional Battle. Dimensional Battle gives a lot of great rewards to get you going and help with construction and other things. Completing these chapters are very important due to providing in-game rewards. However, also note that if you are struggling to obtain one of the better sets of research gear, you can obtain the Scholar Gear Set by clearing these chapters and this gear will work while you work on being able to craft Sagacious
- The first three steps are the basis for a strong start. As you become more advanced you are going to want to start looking at Battle Training, Troop Training, Troop Training II, and Hero Training. These researches are costly at higher levels however, they provide the boosts that are going to make you super strong. When you cannot progress on these due to Academy level or a lack of sulfur then you can go back to some of the older trees such as City, Battle, Production, March Speed, and Dragon. Those are the trees you will want to work on when you are out of sulfur.
Finally, we bring you a Research Checklist. When you are working towards completing Research, check-in first to make sure you are set up to be effective and speedy!
- Ensure that your Lord Skills are set to max for Research.
- Ensure that your Research Hero is geared up and appointed as Scholar
- Ensure that your Runes are enhanced and equipped
- Ensure that your Pet is enhanced and equipped
- Make sure that your Academy is enhanced as high as possible.
- Go to Town! Get some Research buffs from Town Mode.
- Activate Research Boosts from your Boost Screen.
Hint: I like to use the 15-minute boosts first because I want to be sure I’m getting max helps from my alliance, and sometimes this can take a while. In the long run, this will save you Speed Up items though.
- Wait until you have received Max Helps before using Speed Up items on your Research.
Research can be quite costly, and therefore a lot of players really struggle with this function of the game. However, in Iron Throne it is one of the most important things we have, so do not skimp on Research. Make sure you constantly have something going! Do you have any tips of your own for Research? Share in the comments below.
Do not miss out on so many articles and video’s on our site with a ton of information! Are you looking for more information on gear? We provided a ton of links earlier in the article. However, we have more!
Gear Up to Build Up
Make sure you are in the know about the different types of Economy Gear available to you for all the functions in your city including production, gathering, research, construction, and more.
Stay Tuned for more great information from our Elite Team as Iron Throne continues to evolve.
Click here to sign up for email alerts when the new guides are posted
In addition, be sure to join our community on Line, Facebook, and Discord for more on the go tips!
Line: Just add thatcinder and request an invite to the Elite Room
Discord: Just click here